Our Greater Toronto & Hamilton Area (GTHA) communities need you!
Youth Challenge International’s Innovate MY Future program offers Canadian youth living in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton area the opportunity to take action on local climate issues and make a real difference in their communities.
Cities play a huge role in climate change problem solving which requires creative local solutions and social innovation. At Youth Challenge International, we know that youth have incredible capacity for taking action and are powerful contributors to change.
The Innovate MY Future program inspires young people to be engaged citizens, climate leaders and innovators who effectively respond to local climate change issues and needs, building resilient cities.
What you’ll do:
• Learn from climate experts: Take part in two full-day Climate Leadership Training Labs, co-designed and hosted by Evergreen, to understand the local impacts of climate change and gain the skills and tools to develop creative solutions.
• Collaborate with communities: Partner with local youth to run a community consultation and meet local experts and policy makers to share your ideas and tackle climate issues in your community.
• Take action for climate: Work in a team of Climate Action Catalysts to plan and execute a climate action project that addresses urgent climate issues facing your community now.
• Jumpstart your career: Network with influential partners, municipalities and local youth throughout your Climate Action Catalyst experience, creating a support system for life.
You’ll fit right in if you have:
• A passion for climate justice and desire to learn from local experts on climate change policy development, advocacy, and action planning;
• Highly organized and motivated self-starter with experience and/or strong interest in civic engagement on social and/or environmental issues;
• Strong attention to detail, organizational planning, time management and multi-tasking abilities, and desire to further enhance these skills;
• Ability to work well with a team and possess strong interpersonal skills.
Before you get started, make sure you're eligible:
• You're 16-24 years old.
• You live in the Greater Toronto Hamilton Area (GTHA) and are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada.
• You want to build skills and become a climate action leader in your community.
• You can commit to attend 2 full-day trainings taking place in September in downtown Toronto (either on two Fridays or two Saturdays),
• Complete a climate action project, and attend a final graduation event in February 2020 indowntown Toronto
How to apply:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received. Successful applicants will be contacted by early September to schedule an interview. Submit early and don’t miss the chance to participate in this unique experience!
For more information about Youth Challenge International’s Innovate MY Future program, visit www.youthclimateaction.ca.
APPLY NOW The deadline for joining is August 25. www.yci.org/InnovateMYFuture/home/