As we all wait to see what will happen this fall with all the kids going back to school it was reassuring to hear from The STEAM Project that they ran camp for 8 weeks this summer, with 160 kids, and they had no cases of Covid-19!!
This was their protocol:
- health questionnaire on first day
- temperature check upon arrival
- small group sizes (8 students max)
- staff all required to wear masks
- hand sanitizer stations
- high touch areas are disinfected twice a day
They believe in the need for social interaction and hands-on learning, especially for kids. They felt good about giving kids a fun learning experience, while still ensuring their health and safety.
They are happy to announce that they will be running programs starting in October with small class sizes, for Grades 1 to 8.
They have many different creative programs. Learn more here: www.thesteamproject.ca/weekly-classes/