The 2021 Richmond Hill Rotary Craft Beer Festival is scheduled for Saturday, August 7 at the Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts.
As we are all too well aware, the province is currently under Covid lockdown. However, we are all scheduled to have our vaccines by just around that time. If that does happen, and the world opens up, we will have an epic Covid-ending Beer Festival!!
Richmond Hill Rotary will be holding our 2nd Bottle and Food Drive on Saturday, April 10th. The locations will be announced as we get closer to the date. If you could hold on to your empty beer and spirit bottles. If you have run out of room to store them, please contact Peter Szoke at [email protected] and a Rotarian will come and pick them up.
Their first bottle drive in October raised $1200 from bottles, and collected 750 lbs in food for the Richmond Hill Community Food Bank.
So where does the money go? Here is a list of some of the projects that Richmond Hill Rotary has supported since the start of Covid:
- $1000 to Richmond Hill's Home on the Hill, a support organization for local families where a member is struggling with severe mental illness
- $1000 donation to the Richmond Hill Community Food Bank
- Donation of Personal Protective Equipment to Richmond Hill's Yellow Brick House, women's shelter
- Rotarians picked up shovels and work gloves to plant trees in the Oak Ridges Moraine Corridor Park near Old Colony Road
- Launch of the 1st annual Richmond Hill's Women of Inspiration and Leadership Award, or WILA, the first winner to be announced this spring
- $1000 donation for water filters for a village in Laos
- $1000 donation for the Beirut Hospital Restoration Project (damaged by the August 2020 explosion)
- 750 lbs of food to the Richmond Hill Community Food Bank courtesy of the Bottle & Food Drive
If you would like more information about any of the above projects, please stop and ask a Rotarian at either the Bottle & Food Drive, or the Craft Beer Festival.
Mark your calendars!
- Saturday, April 10th, Bottle and Food Drive
- Saturday, August 7th, Richmond Hill Craft Beer Festival