Apple season is here in Ontario and we all know, an apple a day keeps the doctor away.
Apples are always a good idea; they are nutritious and good for your heart, promote good gut bacteria, bone health and so much more! Apples are also versatile and can be great in a salad, on a dinner plate, in a breakfast bowl or just on their own.
Here are two quick and delicious hacks to make eating apples a little more fun this season.
All you need is:
- 2 apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 ½ teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees
- Arrange apple slices on a metal baking sheet
- Sprinkle cinnamon over apple slices
- Bake in the preheated until apples are dried up and edges curl, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Once complete, transfer apples to a wire rack until cooled and crispy
All you need is:
- 4 small apples
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Scoop out the core from top of the apple. Stuff each apple with 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of butter. Place in a shallow baking dish and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, until sugar begins to caramelize, and apples are tender
- Healthy eating can still include finding fun ways to enjoy and share your food with others. Also supporting local farms and eating seasonally is never a bad idea.
Happy Fall season MOVATI!
A message from Movati
Our clubs have always been a place where members can feel welcomed and comfortable. Now, we're further enhancing our club cleaning procedures and health guidelines to ensure your safety. Visit our website to see how we are getting in shape for your safe return.