During Curbside Giveaway Days residents are invited to place unwanted items, labelled FREE at the curb for other residents and community members to browse and take for their own use, free of charge.
This is a great opportunity to de-clutter and find a new home for your unwanted items, while also picking up something you may want or need for free.
Please have items out at the curb by 7 a.m. that morning and anything remaining or not picked up must be brought back inside by 5 p.m. that evening.
Here are a few tips and tools to help out:
- Download and print a curb alert poster!
- Take a picture of your item and post it on our Curbside Giveaway event page on Facebook
- Sign up with bunz.com – this app will help others find your stuff as well as help you find something too
- Share your offerings and great finds using #yrcurbalert
- Be safe and follow these tips from York Regional Police when swapping, buying or selling items online
Share your offerings and great finds using #yrcurbalert
Other Curbside Giveaway Days this year are August 29 and September 26.
For more information visit www.york/curbsidegiveaway