This Big Bike will be seen riding around the streets just west of Hillcrest Mall.
This is a Heart & Stroke Foundation fundraiser. The Bike goes all over the province!
Teams ride at a scheduled time for about a half an hour. Riders reach out to their friends, family and colleagues to support them. Their motto – “Stop traffic to support critical heart disease and stroke research”.
Here is the route. In previous years the ride had started up at Longo's at Yonge & Elgin Mills but the construction on Yonge Street has necesitated a move
If you see them cheer them on!!!!
- Team Parsa - MPP Michael Parsa
- Connecting the Community (in picture above - 2018 ride)
- Richmond Hill Retirement Residence
- Royal LePage
- TD Bank
- La Rocca
Please consider supporting this worthwhile cause. www.bigbike.ca
Some facts about Heart & Stroke
The Heart & Stroke Foundation was established back in 1952.
- It has worked hard to stop people from having heart disease (strokes and heart attacks) and supporting the prevention of heart disease.
- Since 1952 $1.55 billion has been invested in life-saving research.
- There has been a 75% decline in heart disease and stroke death rate.
- Currently 750 researchers are funded by Heart & Stroke.
- Harnessing the potential of regenerative medicine
- Chasing the next breakthrough in stroke
- Stopping cardiac arrest before it happens
- Studying why women lag behind men in recovering after a heart attack