Come out and discover the beauty of Lake Wilcox Park!
Lake Wilcox is the largest kettle lake in the Oak Ridges Moraine and is home to a variety of native wildlife and vegetation. Explore the history of Lake Wilcox through its native tree species.
Expert instructors will discuss the benefits of trees and the challenges they face within an urban environment. You’ll leave with a better understanding of the natural history of your community.
Tour leaders include:
- Janet McKay, Executive Director, LEAF
- Khrysta Lyn, Natural Environment Analyst, City of Richmond Hill
- Mandy Vandenberg, Urban Forestry Technician, City of Richmond Hill
- Martin Volhard, Tree Preservation/Landscape Planner, City of Richmond Hill
- William Withers, Water Resources Coordinator, City of Richmond Hill
Please, bring water and dress for the weather.
There is no fee to attend. Registration is recommended. Click HERE to register
Meet at trailhead at the north west corner of the Oak Ridges Community Centre