If you like walking, you’ll love Nordic Pole Walking!! It is a great workout!!
Tuesday evenings at Richmond Green for a 1-hr walk.
If you do not have poles and wish to join us, feel free to come and walk with us anyways and be in community. Poles will be available for purchase as well.
Some benefits of Nordic Pole Walking include:
- Incorporates 90% of all body muscles.
- Burns up to 46% more calories than regular walking.
- Helps to eliminate back, shoulder, and neck pain.
- Increases oxygen respiration by 25% or more.
- Reduces body fat and tones muscles.
- Can be done by nearly all ages and fitness levels.
- Increases cardiovascular training up to 22%.
- Being part of a community and making new friends
- Up to 30% less impact on hip and knee joints.
Meet in front of Sports Complex building - Northeast parking lot
Suggested donation: $5 Proceeds will support L'Arche Daybreak in Richmond Hill
Walking leader: Sandra Corrado, CHRP, FIS, PTS, ZIN, Nordic Pole Walking Instructor
To join, call or email: (416) 729-1560 or [email protected] Please do register and provide your email address, as occasionally the route may change.