Richmond Hill is updating its Transportation Master Plan (TMP) to establish a future vision for all travel modes within the Town to the year 2041.
The plan will guide the future of the Town's road, walking and cycling networks, including recreational trails.
What is a Transportation Master Plan?
- A multi-modal transportation plan (roads, walking, cycling and recreational trails)
- A long-term vision for the community
- A guide for decision-making
- A community building asset
Why is a Transportation Master Plan important for Richmond Hill?
- Proactively plans for all modes of transportation
- Provides options for how people get around
- Supports goals for a vibrant and connected community
- Enhances the quality of life for people who live, work and play in Richmond Hill
- Accommodates the needs of future generations
What can I expect from the Transportation Master Plan?
Part A – Multi-modal network development and project costing, including public engagement on the draft active transportation (walking and cycling), recreational trail, transit, and road networks.
Part B – Programs, policies, and implementation strategies, which will include public engagement on the draft Transportation Master Plan document.
The TMP is anticipated to be completed by summer 2019.