Creating Conversations for a Compassionate Community ~ 4C
We’re ready to join forces and become a Compassionate Community!
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world: Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.” ~ Margaret Mead
We want individuals and organizations, from all sectors of the community, to come together. - 1+1=3
There are over 400 communities, small and large, all over the globe, who have already signed on
What does being a Compassionate Community mean?
· Diverse groups of leaders and citizens work with intention to bring the Golden Rule into every aspect of civic life.
· Political and civic gatherings are marked by careful listening, thoughtful dialogue, vigorous debate and a desire to serve.
· Agencies provide public services to support and cherish all citizens.
I invite you to watch THIS 5 minute video on why we need compassionate communities.
On Thursday, September 23rd, 2021, 7 to 8:30 pm, there will be an on-line meeting of people from our community, along with the Executive Director of the Charter for Compassion, tuning in from Washington, to explore how York Region could be a compassionate community. We want you to come.
Every community shows compassion in a different way. There is no certificate for becoming a Compassionate Community.
We will start by identifying issues, tallying what is done in our community, assessing what needs to be done, suggesting some projects and goals, talk about vehicles to showcase our efforts….. we will talk about our path forward. It won’t be a straight path.
We are asking the questions, “What are the best things happening in our community? " and “What is there about our community that makes us feel uncomfortable?”
· Introduction from the local organizers of 4C’s (Creating Conversations for a Compassionate Community)
· Overview of the Charter for Compassion - by Marilyn Turkovich, Executive Director, Charter of Compassion
· Breakout Rooms
· Brainstorming for next steps
Please look at the web site www.charterforcompassion.org
To register to attend this September 23rd on-line meeting click on this link https://us.commitchange.com/nonprofits/4663/events/2747
For further information please contact Sara Jamil at [email protected]
“Be the change you wish to see in the world” ~ Gandhi