Are you confused, and mentally taxed, by the rules and regulations regarding this pandemic that never seems like it is going to end?
The numbers say it is getting worse but the lines at the grocery stores are not there, and the children are back at schools. What do we conclude!
Some businesses are hurting. For so many, our general feeling of well being is challenged.
Those who make the rules have such a challenge. How do we go on safely?
The government has tried to not have a one-size-fits-all policy with publishing this document.
Richmond Hill and all of York Region goes into the Control-Red Zone at 12:01 am Monday November 16th. Click HERE for the stats on Covid-19 in York Region.
COVID-19 Response Framework: Keeping Ontario Safe and Open (created November 3, 2020 and updated: November 13, 2020)
This document details how decisions are made regarding restrictions for various sectors including:
- Restaurants, Bars and Food or Drink Establishments
- Sports and Recreational Fitness
- Meeting and Event Spaces
- Personal Care Services
- Casinos, Bingo Halls and Gaming Establishments
- Performing Arts Facilities
And just because the current rules say we can do something does not necessarily mean it is the safest thing to do.
It is not easy to create these guidelines and rules. It is not easy to communicate this.
There will be much written about this when we can look back at this period as history. Public policy and public health may be re-written. There will be material for many dissertations.
There are many doubters of the seriousness of this pandemic. That is to be expected.
If you are one who is being cautious and restricting your interactions with others you may be enraged at what you regard as very inconsiderate behavior.
If you see residents or businesses contravening the rules, you can:
- call the York Region Public Health’s Health Connection phone line is available Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 1-800-361-5653 or TTY 1-866-512-6228
- call Access York at 1-877-464-9675
- call Access Richmond Hill 905-747-6400 Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- email [email protected]