We've got a few more weeks.
The City's has weekly yard waste collection until December 8th
Yard waste DOES include:
- pine cones
- fallen fruit
- shrub trimmings
- clean straw
- dried corn stalks
Yard waste DOES NOT include:
- grass clippings
Yard waste is collected on your regular waste collection day
Curbside collection guidelines:
- placed at the curb after 6 p.m. on the night before your collection day and before 7 a.m. on the day of collection.
- Yard waste must be set out in a large Kraft paper bag (available at most retailers), cardboard box or in a reusable, rigid, open top container, such as a garbage can or bushel basket (max. 125L or 33G), which must be clearly labelled with a yellow yard waste sticker. Yard waste stickers are available for free at Access Richmond Hill (225 East Beaver Creek Road, Ground Floor) and at the Operations Center (1200 Elgin Mills Road East).
- Bundle branches, sticks and twigs with twine (maximum length 1.2m/4ft and no branches may be larger than 10 cm in diameter).
- Each container or bundle must not exceed 18 kg/40lbs.
- If yard waste has not been collected it must be removed from the curb on the collection day.
Richmond Hill residents can drop off their yard waste at the Bloomington Yard Waste Depot located at 1351 Bloomington Road, Richmond Hill.
Here's a link to a Farmer's Almanac article with some tips for cleaning up your garden Fall Garden Cleanup With Pollinators In Mind | The Old Farmer's Almanac