The virus is still here!
As of Friday July 24th, 2020 York Region moved into Stage 3. We are able to gather in larger groups now but it is not a free for all.
We need to continue to:
- Maintainingphysical distancing of at least two metres from people outside of your household or social circle
- Wearing a face covering in indoor and outdoor public spaces where physical distancing is a challenge
Gathering limits have increased but there still are restrictions:
- Limiting indoor gatherings to a maximum of 50 people, or less, to maintain physical distancing
- Limiting outdoorgatherings to a maximum of 100 people, or less, to maintain physical distancing
People gathering indoors for religious services, (rites or ceremonies, and wedding ceremonies or funeral services), can continue to fill up to 30 per cent of the capacity of the particular room, as introduced in Stage 2.
The Chief Medical Officer of Health, public health experts and other officials have advised the following high-risk places and activities are not yet safe to open, due to the likelihood of large crowds congregating, difficulties with physical distancing, or challenges maintaining the proper cleaning and sanitation required to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Amusement parks and water parks - Canada's Wonderland can't yet open :(
- Buffet-style food services
- Dancing at restaurants and bars, other than by performers hired by the establishment following specific requirements
- Overnight stays at camps for children
- Private karaoke rooms
- Prolonged or deliberate contact while playing sports
- Saunas, steam rooms, bath houses and oxygen bars
- Table games at casinos and gaming establishments.
If you have further questions please refer to this 20 page document https://files.ontario.ca/mof-framework-reopening-province-stage-3-en-202...
Please do all that you can to stop the spread of this virus.